- Gut your animal immediately, including throat, bladder & rectum
- Start skinning your animal within the first hour
- Most game meat Spoils because its not skinned quickly
- Wash your animal with clean water after skinning
- Use a squirt bottle filled with vinegar and water mixture to spray down your animal, inside and out. This helps with bacteria.
- Let your animal dry completely
- Wrap your animal in a dry cloth “no plastic”
- Please don’t piece out your animal, leave it whole “when possible”
- For “Out of State” see the video on our home page on how to remove the spine properly, leaving your animal able to hang properly
- Use Dry Ice only if weather is extremely warm (this is normally not necessary if you hunt late Oct-Dec) If you can’t find dry ice and its above 60 degrees and your worried, double bag regular ice & make sure your animal stays dry. Moisture=Mold. We have more mold growth with animals that are in ice chest, dry game bags are the best option 99% of the time.
- Do not remove blood shot areas, we will do that when we cut it
- Cutting your animal into pieces exposes the “good” meat to air, dirt and bacteria. You will loose more meat if animal is pieced out!
- Leave the tendon attached on the hind legs to hang it properly
- We can only age meat if it is able to hang in large pieces like shown on our video (and it must stay dry after skinning)
- Please only bring frozen boneless bird meat to make sausages in 1 gallon zip lock bags or smaller please
- Mark you bags with species and number of birds
- Also bring hunting license #’s
- 12-15lbs bird meat will make a 25lb sausage batch, we add pork trim
- Please bring birds during the winter months when our smoker is not as busy. Jan-March preferred
- NO orders will be run May-Nov due to fair/deer season, the smokers too busy.
- Bird orders accepted and run between Dec 1st- April 1st
- NO after hours drop off appointments after 4:30pm
- Use DRY ICE if needed until the morning when we can meet you at the shop. Click here to see our Early Hours.
- Sorry, but we are NOT Available weekends.
- Check special hours Friday night to see if we are working extra hours.
- Call the shop for all information. #916-685-5431
- PLEASE have your animal completely skinned before arriving at the shop.